Caltech Up Close: Fall Fly-In Program
The application deadline for the 2018 Caltech Up Close program has passed. If you are interested in visiting campus on your own, please schedule a visit through our online visit calendar.
Caltech Up Close is a 3-day, 2-night, all-expenses paid program taking place October 18-20, 2018 on Caltech's campus in Pasadena, California. Caltech Up Close is open to all U.S. Citizens/Dual Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and Undocumented/DACA students graduating from a U.S. high school in 2019. High school seniors from a historically underrepresented background with an interest in math, science, and/or engineering are encouraged to apply.
During Caltech Up Close, students will:
- See our campus on a personalized tour
- Visit with our faculty and connect with staff across various departments
- Spend two nights in one of our student residences
- Connect with current students who are alumni of the Caltech Up Close program
- Explore our labs and on-campus research facilities
- Tour the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Learn to navigate our application and financial aid processes
Application deadline: Monday, August 27, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. PDT
Decision Notification: Mid-September, via email
When applying, students should be ready to:
- Upload an unofficial transcript. A PDF of your transcript is required for a complete application. The transcript must include 9th-11th coursework and grades. We recommend that you have this PDF document available before you begin the application because you will not be able to save your progress on the application.
- Self-report an SAT and/or ACT test score. A complete application requires a self-reported score from at least one SAT or ACT exam.
If you are selected, Caltech will arrange and pay for your transportation to and from campus, which includes any airfare, railway fare, as well as shuttle transportation to and from an airport or train station. Caltech Up Close participants will be hosted on campus, so there is no cost for lodging or meals, but if a student would like to purchase additional snacks or souvenirs, the student should be prepared for these costs. Caltech will pay the initial transportation costs; however, students must cover the fee(s) associated with luggage/baggage and rebooking missed transportation arrangements (air, rail, shuttle) if applicable.
Questions about Caltech Up Close? Contact email@example.com.