It's no secret that admission to Caltech is selective; we welcome only about 230 new freshmen and 10 to 15 new transfer students to campus each fall. These students come to Caltech from all over the United States—and the world—bringing with them diverse experiences, perspectives, and passions.
Hoping to be among next year's undergraduate class? All we ask is that you share the typical Caltech student's unbridled sense of curiosity and extraordinary aptitude for and interest in science, engineering, and technology.
If you are interested in applying for admission as a graduate student, please visit our graduate admissions website.
- Applications TipStudents should consider applying Early Action if they can demonstrate strong academic preparation and achievement without benefit of senior-year first semester grades.
- Applications TipEvery piece of information you give us is like another pixel in the portrait of your life as a potential Techer. Feel free to tell us about things you do when you're not in school.
- Applications TipOn-campus and online information sessions will help prepare you for the application process. A campus visit will help you determine the right school for you.
- Applications TipTake your time preparing your short answers and your essays. We know that you are more than a GPA and a set of test scores!
- Applications TipIf you have taken courses or done research outside of school, be sure to include those transcripts and, if possible, recommendations from those experiences.
- Applications TipIf you have done research, feel free to submit an additional research mentor evaluation along with your research paper. We want to know what excites you about STEM.