How to Apply to the 3/2 Program
Admission to the 3/2 program is not guaranteed for all applicants; admissions decisions will be made by the Caltech Faculty Upperclass Admissions Committee. The following checklist, however, tells you everything you will need to do in order to apply to Caltech.
3/2 Application Checklist
- Apply using the the Coalition Application. You must first follow the path for transfer students, and from there, you will be able to see questions that will categorize you as a 3/2 applicant. The deadline for submission of the 3/2 application is April 1. Admission to the program is determined by the Caltech Upperclass Admissions Committee.
- Obtain letters of recommendation from your college's 3/2 liaison and from a mathematics, science, or engineering faculty member.
- Complete one year of physics (two years recommended).
- Complete one year of mathematics (including multivariable calculus and differential equations; two years recommended).
- Complete one year of chemistry.
- Complete the International 3/2 Student Supplemental Form, if relevant (if you are an international 3/2 student if you are neither a U.S. citizen nor permanent resident).
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Admit Reply Deadline*: June 1
*While Caltech does not require a deposit, all admitted 3/2 students must reply to our offer of admission by June 1.