Prospective Student Tours
Limited Summer Tours Availability
Visitors who go to our online event calendar will notice that all of our June tours are currently at capacity. Our tour guide availability is very limited in the summer months once students leave for break, and we prefer to keep our tour group size as intimate and manageable as one might expect from a campus with a 3-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio. We appreciate your understanding as we are not able to expand the capacity of our tours or add additional visitors to a day that is at capacity. We do not have a waitlist for visitors.
If you are making plans to visit Caltech this summer, we recommend the following:
- Make plans to visit in July or August because we offer tour student-led tours and admission information sessions twice a day on most weekdays.
- Join us for an in-depth Summer Preview event on Saturday, July 16 or Friday, July 29. Summer Preview events typically include activities such as campus tours, an admission and financial aid information session, as well as various discussion panels and presentations about undergraduate research, SURF, and student life.
- On days that we are already at capacity, we can offer you a printed self-guided tour so that you may explore the campus at your own pace.
To register for a campus visit, go to our online event calendar to find an available date. Your confirmation email will include information about where to park and check in, so please be sure to enter a valid email address.
High School Counselors: Please call our office to register for a tour and information session.
Please note that student-led tours are not conducted on weekends, Institute holidays, or some national holidays. You are welcome to go on a self-guided tour at those times. The following are Institute-observed holidays for 2015-16:
- Labor Day, September 7, 2015
- Thanksgiving, November 26-27, 2015
- Winter Break, December 25, 2015–January 1, 2016
- Martin Luther King Day, January 18, 2016
- Presidents' Day, February 15, 2016
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016
- Commencement, June 10, 2016
- Independence Day, July 4, 2016