- Freshman Advisers: Each member of the freshman class is assigned a faculty adviser and is a member of a small advising group. The adviser follows the freshman's progress and provides advice on any questions or problems that the freshman may have.
- Option Advisers: Each member of the three undergraduate upper classes is assigned an option adviser, a faculty member in the option in which the student is enrolled. The adviser takes an interest in the student's selection of courses and progress toward a degree, and, eventually, in assisting the student toward satisfactory placement in industry or in graduate school. Normally, the association between student and adviser is established before the beginning of the sophomore year and continues through graduation.
Caltech is committed to maintaining a diverse academic community, and welcoming individuals with a broad spectrum of talents and experiences to its campus and programs. Students with disabilities, actively participating in all aspects of the Caltech experience, are an essential part of that diversity.
Caltech Accessibility Services for Students will make every reasonable effort to provide academic adjustments and other reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified students with known disabilities. Our goal is to ensure that our students receive equal access to all Institute programs and services.
Advising and Support Resources
- Caltech Center for Diversity (CCD): Providing education, advocacy, and allyship to create a community of equity and inclusive excellence at Caltech.
- The Caltech Y: Provides students with unique and valuable opportunities to explore their interests and grow into responsible citizens of the world.
- Career Development Center: Support at all stages of career development.
- Counseling Services: Free, confidential services for students.
- Dean of Undergraduate Students: Fosters the academic and personal growth of undergraduate students through counseling and support for student activities.
- Fellowships Advising and Study Abroad: Help students seek out and apply for a wide variety of highly competitive fellowships for study both in the U.S. and abroad.
- International Student Programs: Orientation for international students and assistance after acceptance of admission offer.
- Prehealth Counseling: Offers advising and information services to students and alumni interested in pursuing careers in health related fields.
- Religious Life: In addition on-campus groups, there houses of worship of many different denominations close to campus.
- Tutoring: Part of the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students
- Women Mentoring Women: Provide support for Caltech undergraduate, graduate, and postdoc women as they negotiate their academic, professional, and personal development