At Caltech, we value diversity and actively support student access, equity, and inclusion. We encourage our students to take advantage of the many resources available on campus.
Advising and Support Resources
- Caltech Center for Inclusion & Diversity (CCID): Providing education, advocacy, and allyship to create a community of equity and inclusive excellence at Caltech.
- The Caltech Y: Provides students with unique and valuable opportunities to explore their interests and grow into responsible citizens of the world.
- Caltech Accessibility Services for Students: Making every reasonable effort to provide academic adjustments and other reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified students with known disabilities.
- Religious Life: In addition on-campus groups, there are houses of worship of many different denominations close to campus.
- Women Mentoring Women: Provide support for Caltech undergraduate, graduate, and postdoc women as they negotiate their academic, professional, and personal development
- Freshman Research Summer Institute (FRSI): Providing a comprehensive program of orientation and academic support designed to ease the transition from high school to college while building a strong research foundation.
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF): The Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF) is a prestigious national program focused on increasing the number of underrepresented students who will pursue doctorate degrees in core fields in the arts and sciences. Fellowships include mentoring, research stipends, and travel support (conferences, graduate school visits, etc.).
- WAVE Fellows: Caltech's WAVE Fellows program aims to foster diversity by increasing the participation of underrepresented students in science and engineering Ph.D. programs and making Caltech's programs more visible and accessible to students not traditionally exposed to Caltech.