As a small, research-intensive Institute, Caltech values the academic well-being of its students. In order to uphold the health, privacy, and safety of our academic community, our campus visit schedule for prospective undergraduate students is limited.
Campus visits are designed for prospective undergraduate students who are current high school/secondary students or college students seeking to apply for admission. At this time, a campus visit consists of an outdoor, self-guided tour. Prospective students must register for a visit in advance; no walk-in visitors can be accommodated.
At this time, we cannot accommodate school groups for visits.
Prior to registering for a date below, we expect all visitors to adhere to our campus visit policies:
- All visitors must be fully vaccinated (full vaccination status is defined as two weeks post their final vaccine dose). In accordance with local, state, and federal health authorities' guidance, the Institute will accept immunization records for all vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration - currently, Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson - as well as those authorized for use by the World Health Organization.
- At this time, only self-guided tours are offered and are limited to 20 total visitors per day.
- Prospective students are limited to one (1) additional guest.
- Visitors are expected to tour the exterior of buildings only.
- If it is necessary to enter a building, face coverings must be worn at all times, regardless of vaccination status, and individuals must be prepared to show proof of full vaccination upon entry.
- While on campus, all visitors must comply with Caltech's health and safety protocols that are posted on doors and available online.
- Visitors who are ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not visit campus.
Caltech is a residential learning and research community, thus, ensuring the health and safety of all is our highest priority. We appreciate visitors' effort and cooperation to maintain a safe environment.
October & November 2021
Due to final exams, Institute holidays, and admissions committee meetings, tours will not be available to prospective student visitors from mid-November to January 2022.
- Monday, October 18, at 10 a.m. PDT
- Friday, October 22, at 10 a.m. PDT
- Monday, October 25, at 10 a.m. PDT
- Friday, October 29, at 10 a.m. PDT
- Monday, November 1, at 10 a.m. PST
- Friday, November 5, at 10 a.m. PST
- Monday, November 8, at 10 a.m. PST
- Friday, November 12, at 10 a.m. PST
- Monday, November 15, at 10 a.m. PST
- Friday, November 19, at 10 a.m. PST
Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, our office cannot take registrations by phone. Campus visit dates are published 1-3 months in advance.
Once a visit date is at capacity, it is closed. Prospective students are encouraged to register for a virtual Techer Talk to learn about Caltech through the experiences of our current students.