Deadlines and Notifications
|3/2 Program application deadline||April 1, 2020|
|3/2 Program admit reply deadline*||June 1, 2020|
*Though Caltech does not require a deposit, all admitted 3/2 students must reply to our offer of admission by June 1.
Admission to the 3/2 program is not guaranteed for all applicants; admissions decisions will be made by the Caltech Faculty Upperclass Admissions Committee.
Required for all 3/2 Program applicants:
The following is a list of materials required for a complete application for 3/2 Program admission. If your application is missing any one of these components, it will be considered incomplete.
- Apply using the Coalition Application. You must first follow the path for transfer students, and from there, you will be able to see questions that will categorize you as a 3/2 applicant. Admission to the program is determined by the Caltech Upperclass Admissions Committee.
- Obtain letters of recommendation from your college's 3/2 liaison and from a mathematics, science, or engineering faculty member.
- Complete one year of physics (two years recommended).
- Complete one year of mathematics (including multivariable calculus and differential equations; two years recommended).
- Complete one year of chemistry.
Additional requirements for international citizen applicants:
- Complete the International 3/2 Student Supplemental Form.