Andres is an admissions counselor here at Caltech. He was born in Los Angeles and has lived in the San Fernando Valley since 1994. He is a proud son of immigrants from Mexico. He attended Cal Poly Pomona and earned his bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science. Andres has a passion for working with youth and began his career in 2008 working for Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles where he oversaw the enrollment process for their overnight summer camp, Camp Max Straus. He transitioned to work with other non-profits in the Los Angeles area and, most recently, worked for Communities In Schools of Los Angeles for over eight years providing case management and college advising to high school students. In his free time, he enjoys watching movies, traveling, eating sushi, and playing Pokémon Go.
- What is your dream vacation destination and why? Japan! Even though I've visited twice already, the Japanese culture and the food options are something that I still dream about. I cannot wait to go back!
- Who is your favorite musical artist? My favorite band is Muse! I've seen them live over 20 times!
- What is your guilty pleasure? I watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette and even the current Golden Bachelor
- What is your zodiac sign and which characteristic do you most relate with? I am a Scorpio and passion is likely the characteristic I relate to most!
- Where do you find the most peace? I find the most peace in quiet spaces with fresh air, whether that be during a hike or visiting friends in Colorado. I enjoy quiet places with nice views
- Alaska, California (East Los Angeles, Central Valley - North, Central Valley - South), Florida, Illinois (not including Chicago), Indiana, Iowa, and Minnesota