Fall Fly-in Program: Caltech Up Close
Are you a high-achieving student who is interested in pursuing the STEM fields in your undergraduate career?
Are you a rising high school senior attending school in the U.S.?
If your answer is yes to these questions, create an account and apply to experience Caltech Up Close! Through Caltech Up Close, selected participants will interact with current students, faculty, and staff through informational sessions, meaningful conversations, and fun social gatherings on- and off-campus.
Save the date: Caltech Up Close 2023 will take place October 14-17. The application will become available in spring. Register here to receive information as soon as it's available.
Caltech Up Close is open to all students graduating from a U.S. high school in 2023. The program will focus on the experience of students from historically underrepresented and/or underserved backgrounds in STEM. These backgrounds may include but are not limited to sex, gender, first-generation to college, race/ethnicity, low-income, DACA/undocumented, and rural students. This year's program will take place October 14 - 17, 2023 and, during the all-expense paid visit, selected participants will have exclusive opportunities to:
- Explore Caltech's 124-acre campus.
- Connect with campus community members, including faculty and current students.
- Discover undergrad academics, research and internships, as well as student life.
- Analyze application tips and requirements.
- Grasp admissions and financial aid processes.
- Experience a glimpse of life in Southern California.
How to Apply
We will update the application process for 2023 in the spring. Read below for 2022's application instructions.
- Before you start the application, you must create an account.
- You will then receive an email with a temporary PIN that must be used to activate your account.
- When prompted, select Start New Application.
- Select 2023 Caltech Up Close Application - although the application year is 2023, selected participants will experience Caltech Up Close October 8-10, 2022
- Submit your application by August 7, 2022
As part of a complete Caltech Up Close application, applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their high school transcript or screenshots of progress reports. This document must include the name of the student and grades earned from course work taken in grades 9-11, including the spring term of junior year.
Once the application has been started, you may save your work and resume the application at a later time. The application consists of required and optional questions such as, Biographical Information, Academics, and Short Answer Responses.
Caltech Up Close participants must adhere to Caltech's COVID-19 Safety Policies, including double vaccination and booster.
Decisions will be released to all applicants in September.
Caltech Up Close is a program hosted by Caltech's Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Contact us with any questions you may have at [email protected]