Are you a high-achieving student who is interested in pursuing the STEM fields in your undergraduate career?
Are you a rising high school senior attending school in the U.S.?
If your answer is yes to these questions, create an account and apply to experience Caltech Up Close! Through Caltech Up Close, selected participants will interact with current students, faculty, and staff through informational sessions, meaningful conversations, and fun social gatherings on- and off-campus.
The Caltech Up Close 2023 application is now closed. The application for next year's program will be available in Spring 2024. If you'd like to know more information about Caltech Up Close 2024 as soon as it becomes available, complete this form.
Caltech Up Close 2023 is open to all students graduating from a U.S. high school in 2024. The program is designed for students of exceptional promise and will focus on the experiences of students from historically underserved backgrounds in STEM. These backgrounds may include but are not limited to sex, gender, first-generation to college, low-income, DACA/undocumented, and rural and small-town students. This year's program will take place October 14 - 17, 2023 and, during the all-expense paid visit, selected participants will have exclusive opportunities to:
- Explore Caltech's 124-acre campus.
- Connect with campus community members, including faculty and current students.
- Discover undergrad academics, research and internships, as well as student life.
- Analyze application tips and requirements.
- Grasp admissions and financial aid processes.
- Experience a glimpse of life in Southern California.
How to Apply for 2023
Use the following instructions to submit your Caltech Up Close application.
- Before you start the application, you must create an account through the application portal.
- Select "Create an account."
- Enter your information. Activate your account by accessing a temporary PIN that is emailed to the address used to create your account.
- Once activated, log in and select "Start New Application."
- Select the year "2024"
- Select "2023 Caltech Up Close" - although the application year is 2024, selected participants will experience Caltech Up Close from October 14-17, 2023
- Submit your application by the deadline of August 6, 2023
As part of a complete Caltech Up Close application, applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their high school transcript or screenshots of progress reports. This document must include the name of the student and grades earned from course work taken in grades 9-11, including the spring term of junior year.
Once the application has been started, you may save your work and resume the application at a later time. The application consists of required and optional questions such as, Biographical Information, Academics, and Short Answer Responses.
Decisions will be released to all applicants in September.
Caltech Up Close is a program hosted by Caltech's Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Contact us with any questions you may have at [email protected].