A Caltech education is widely considered a specialized undergraduate experience for students seeking a highly rigorous STEM education. Prospective students who are seeking admissions information should be inclined to apply to a small, STEM-focused, research-intensive institution.
We strongly advise that prospective undergraduate applicants review our academic requirements in order to be eligible for admissions, and Caltech's incoming class profile.
"What" questions can generally be answered on our website, such as:
- What are the application requirements?
- What does Early Action mean?
- What are the classes associated with my intended major?
- What is life like for a Caltech student?
- Is there life on Mars? (Okay, so that isn't answered on our website, but we have researchers who are contemplating this very question!)
Applicants should also be aware that Caltech does not consider or track demonstrated interest; nor do we track if a student has participated in an information session when evaluating a candidate for admissions.
Caltech Elements: Techer Talks
Our one-hour online ‘Techer Talks' will be led by Admission Ambassadors, who are current student representatives of Caltech Undergraduate Admissions. The session consists of a 10-minute presentation on student-life followed by a Q & A session with current students.
JULY 2021 AND AUGUST 2021
- Friday, July 23, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, July 27, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Friday, July 30, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, August 3, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 6, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, August 10, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 13, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, August 17, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 20, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, August 24, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 27, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, August 31, at 4:00 p.m. PDT
In-person Campus tours - SUSPENDED
Due to the coronavirus, on-campus visits for prospective and admitted students have been suspended until further notice.
The Caltech Undergraduate Admissions Office regrets that it cannot accommodate visitors or offer campus tours in person at this time, but the health and safety of our community remains a top priority.
We advise that prospective and admitted students and their families refrain from visiting the Caltech campus. No in-person programming or activities are offered at this time.