Deadlines and Notifications
|3/2 Program application deadline||April 1|
|3/2 Program admit reply deadline*||June 1|
*Though Caltech does not require a deposit, all admitted 3/2 students must reply to our offer of admission by June 1.
Admission to the 3/2 program is not guaranteed for all applicants; admissions decisions will be made by the Caltech Faculty Upperclass Admissions Committee.
Required for all 3/2 Program applicants:
The following is a list of materials required for a complete application for 3/2 Program admission. If your application is missing any one of these components, it will be incomplete.
- Apply using the Apply Coalition, Powered by Scoir. You must first follow the path for transfer students, and from there, you will be able to see questions that will categorize you as a 3/2 applicant.
- Obtain letters of evaluation from your college's 3/2 liaison and from a mathematics, science, or engineering faculty member.
- Complete one year of physics (two years recommended).
- Complete one year of mathematics (including multivariable calculus and differential equations; two years recommended).
- Complete one year of chemistry.
Additional requirements for international applicants:
International Financial Aid Statement of Intent: When an international student applies for 3/2 or transfer admission, the application prompts questions to confirm understanding that the student is not eligible for need-based financial aid. There is no separate form to submit to fulfill this requirement.