Ashley was born in New York and grew up in Southern California. A first-generation college student, Ashley attended Scripps College in Claremont, CA, where she earned a bachelor's degree in psychology and music. She then worked in the Admissions Office, intending to stay for only a couple of years before becoming professor; however, Ashley discovered a passion for strategic thinking and the importance of equity and access in higher education and decided to make admissions a career. After 6 years at Scripps, Ashley went down the street to work at Pomona College as the Director of Recruitment for 7 years. Along the way, Ashley attended the Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management where she earned a MBA with a focus in marketing and management. Ashley has been leading undergraduate admissions at Caltech since fall of 2021.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys exploring L.A. with her husband, kindergartener, and toddler; she is also obsessed with Marvel Comic Universe and believes that Endgame was the best cinematic experience of her life.
- What is your hidden talent? – Public speaking, which is particularly surprising to anyone who knew me in high school. I was too nervous to run for student government because I didn't want to give a candidate's speech. 14 year-old Ashley would never recognize me!
- What is your guilty pleasure? – Candy corn at Halloween and candy hearts for Valentine's Day. I buy bags and bags of them each season.
- What was your dream job as a kid? – I loved a book on a father who was a trash collector.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? – I'd hope Zoe Saldana…!!!
- Domestic: Illinois (Chicago)
- International: Sub-Saharan Africa