John is a Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Caltech. In his role, he focuses on marketing and communications to connect prospective students with Caltech. He has over 10 years of experience in admissions and recruitment, primarily with MBA programs
across Los Angeles focusing on the East and Southeast Asia populations allowing him the opportunity to travel throughout Asia connecting with prospective students. Expanding global access to US higher education to international students is something he is very passionate about.
Prior to joining Caltech, he was in management consulting at Capgemini where he led change management for clients in the hospitality, manufacturing, and pharmaceutical industries. He is happy to be back in higher education.
As a native New Yorker, who now calls Los Angeles home, ask him about all
his favorite ice cream and boba places to visit!
- What is your dream vacation destination and why? I love visiting the Southeast Asia Region, but Thailand is a country that is just magical to me.
- Who is your favorite musical artist? Britney Spears, but it's a very specific era (circa 2002). Her "Dream within a Dream" tour was (and still is) everything you can ask for from a pop princess.
- What was your dream job as a kid? I can't recall if I ever had one, but I do think about how fun it would be now to be a boutique group fitness instructor.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? Harry Shum Jr., he was probably the first Asian actor I saw that wasn't put into a stereotypical Asian role.
- Where do you find the most peace? Usually when I'm exercising. It's one of the few moments in the day where I can unplug and do something that specifically for myself.
- Domestic: Michigan and Ohio
- International: East Asia (China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan)