Nic is an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Caltech. His primary role is planning events and coordinating our admitted student day's event, Discover Caltech. Nic has been in the college admissions space in different roles through non-profits, high school counseling offices, and, now, admissions.
Prior to Caltech, Nic was a trainer at the Posse Foundation awarding full-ride scholarships to students in the greater Los Angeles area. Nic attended graduate school at Seattle University and earned his M.Ed. in Student Development.
As someone far from their hometown, ask him about moving out of state and why he calls the west coast home now.
- What is your hidden talent? I'm a Pokémon Master and will always accept a challenge.
- Who is your favorite musical artist? Britney Spears.
- What is your zodiac sign and which characteristic do you most relate with? I am a Leo and I resonate with my reigning celestial body as the Sun as warmth and sunlight keeps me going.
- What was your dream job as a kid? My dream job as a kid was being a scientist and studying the universe and black holes specifically.
- Where do you find the most peace? When I am in Hawaii as my entire family still lives there.
- Hawai'i, New York (not including New York City), and Texas